Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kylee Has The Giggles

Stories about Kylee
Yesterday was the first that Kylee has really had any energy since coming home from the hospital and she was full of it. She had Marsha (our nurse) and I laughing so hard. She was sitting in her purple tomato chair and she would hold one arm our straight in front of her and then she would bounce her body up and down and hard as she could. It almost looked like she was riding a horse. We started laughing at her and then she would start laughing. When we would stop then she would do the "horse riding" again and we would start laughing again and then she would start laughing. It was so cute. She has just been so full of giggles. I told her we need to pack some poundage on her and she thought that was funny and laughed and laughed. Well anytime we can get a laugh our of her we keep doing it so I kept saying the word poundage over and over and she would just laugh and laugh. I LOVE IT!!!
Also Uncle Kenny stopped over yesterday and he said good-bye to her and she raised her hand real slow like she was saying good-bye to him. So she must be feeling a little better.
Nursing
Well I think we may have our nursing situation figured out. I am interviewing 2 nurses in the next week possibly 3. One is going to work out a Tuesday schedule with a nurse I had previous interviewed (Deb and Meghan). Meghan is a fairly new grad and young so I think she will have lots of energy and do lots of fun things with Kylee. She is also willing to do one night a week and weekends. Deb has been and independent nurse for a while and I think she will be a great resource. She knows a lot about the process of getting nursing approved and that kind of stuff. The other nurse I am interviewing is Wendy. She is going to be our occasional night and weekend person. She has 5 children and 1 of them has special needs so she lives the life every day. She also takes care of a 7 year old with special needs 2 nights a week. All 3 are RN's. So I am very excited to have found them. Hopefully everything works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Kylee's smiles and giggles are back. It's like music to your ears. I really enjoyed reading your blogs. It gives me hope and inspiration with my daughter Kaylee. We were diagnosed with monosomy 1p36 and infantile spasms in Jan 2008. We are currently weaning off ACTH and so far spasm free...Praise God! I know its a rocky road but definitely well worth it. I'll keep Kylee in our prayers. I know everything will work out...it's part of God's plan.

God Bless,
Sherry Culvahouse (syc92868)