Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Here we go again

Back in Hospital
Well Kylee was admitted back to the hospital on Monday. Ever since we brought her home we have had issues with throwing up, diarrhea, hands and feet turning blue and cold and periods of times were we couldn't even tell if she was breathing. We put her to bed on Sunday at about 9:00 and she woke up at 8:30 for about a 1/2 hour and then went to sleep and was still sleeping at 2:00 pm. She didn't have a wet diaper all day and her feet were blue up to her ankles. I had called our pediatrician who said she thought she had the flu and to just give her clear liquids for 24 hours. Well I had contacted her the week before saying she was throwing and she told me the same thing. I had already tried all of that before I called on Monday so I decided to take her to the ER in Neenah. When they did the blood work they said she was dehydrated and gave her an IV and some glucose because her sugar was low. Well with-in minutes she perked up. They were worried the heart medication wasn't working so they decided to send her back to Children's in Milwaukee. Once we got there they said her heart looked the same and they think the medicine is working. They said she was dehydrated and they are thinking she may have dysautonomia (http://www.familialdysautonomia.org/) . I don't know much about it other then it affects the central nervous system. They are very concerned at the fact that she was so dehydrated but yet her heart rate and blood pressure were normal. They said she could get in big trouble that way because a dr could look at her and say all her stats look fine and send us home when in fact she was in much greater danger then what it appears so Children's is setting up an emergency protocol for us. I don't know exactly what it is all about but I am assuming it will be a quick response flow so we know who to call and what to do so that she can get taken care of ASAP so she doesn't get in a bad situation. This is about all I know right now. We are waiting for GI to come up to see her this morning. I will try to update again as much as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
My heart goes out to your family.
I think of Kylee everyday and
hope she is ok.
Bless all of you,
Sheila Wilson