Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GJ Tube Placed

Kylee had her GJ tube placed today at 4:00. They weren't planning on placing it until tomorrow or Thursday but for whatever reason they got her in today. So the nurse called and said she is doing great and they are going to talk to the Dr about how to start her feeds. My mom is with her right now and she said it doesn't look any different then the g tube she had. They were unsure if they were going to be able to leave it like the mickey G-tube (just a little button on the outside of her belly) or if they were going to have to have it look like her "peg g-tube" she had before the mickey (a little tube that stick out of her belly a few inches). The cut off is 20 pounds and she is around that mark. So we are very happy they were able to leave it looking like the mickey.
She hasn't had any #2 diapers today and has only thrown up once and it was more bile and phylum then anything.
They also started her on something called Reglan (I may have spelled it wrong) yesterday to help empty the stomach. I went onto my feeding tube support group and say a FDA warning about this medication. My mom talked to the Dr about what I had found and they took her off it right away. I'm so happy I saw that. The side affects are involuntary muscle movement and they don't usually stop after the medicine is stopped. We don't need anything else.
So if things keep going well then she will be home in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that you had some positive news about Kylee's feeding tube. I hope that it keeps working for her. Say Hi to your Mom. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. Hope Kylee has a good day today, and can come home soon.

Uncle Marty & Aunt Shirley