Thursday, March 5, 2009

Test are back

We got some of Kylee's test back and she has an over growth of bad bacteria in her stomach from having a low white blood cell count and then having her on so many different antibiotics. The antibiotics kill off both good and bad bacteria and sometimes the bad bacteria can come back faster then the good. When we got her home I had increased her probiotics because she was on so many antibiotics so they are thinking that is why her signs of it were not as bad as most people. When they took the test they said I really don't think she has this but leave it to Kylee to surprise them.
I also talked to them about doing some testing for the dysautonomia and they said the would discuss it and that it is usually done outpatient. I have no idea how they go about testing for it but I want to know for sure. She has so many signs of it that I just need to know. There is no way to treat it but if I know she has it then it will answer alot of my questions about why she has certain problems/issues.
As of now no word on when she will be coming home. I'm not assuming anytime before Monday but I could be wrong. They started her back up on g-tube feedings lastnight and she threw up so I don't think (at least I hope) they would send her home if she is throwing up at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to keep precious little Kylee in my daily prayers as well as your entire family.

Diana Bush
Alayna DeKeyrel's Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen:
I think of Kylee and your family often and keep you in my prayers. I hope things start to turn around for you soon. Take care.
Aunt Shirley