Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kylee's Coming Home

I know everyone has been waiting for this. YES Kylee is coming home today. They should be on there way home in about an hour. My dad and Jason went down to get Kylee and Grandma. I stayed home to try and get some work hours in however I have to the two boys so I am going to have to wait until nap time (well nap time for Keegan...Collin is a school boy and naps are rare).
She is coming home with the GJ tube and will need to be fed 24 hours a day. No word on when we can change that but hopefully it will only take a few months to change her to 20 hours a day. I'm excited to once again be all together and hopefully this time it is for a much longer time. I don't want to see another hospital room or cafeteria food for a very long time. I am very nervous about the GJ tube but I am sure I will get use to it just like I did with the NJ tube and the G tube. It is just new and takes time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such wonderful news! I hope things go well, and you all adjust to the new GJ tube quickly and things start going more smoothly. Ryan and I thinking of you guys!
Pandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I'm so happy your little one
is coming home. Just think...
the little Irish lassie will
be home for St. Patrick's Day!

God Bless all of you,
Sheila Wilson

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!!! I continue to monitor Kylee's blog for updates. We continue to pray for sweet Kylee as well as your entire family. God bless you all.

Diana Bush
Alayna DeKeyrel's Grandmother

Unknown said...

Hey guys:

Great to see that Kylee is finally home. Please give her a special kiss from the Barkow's. She's a very special kid and we all hope things get better for her. We can't wait to go camping and hold on to her again. Hang in there! We're all thinking about you and the family.

Kevin, Tammy and Brendan Barkow