Monday, February 16, 2009

Still in the hospital

Jason and I came home lastnight. It was so hard to leave her lastnight but Jason and I needed to get home to see our two boys and take care of some business at home and work. My mom and dad are staying with Kylee. Jason is leaving tomorrow morning to go back down and then my parents are coming home. I am planning on going back down on Thursday unless she gets to come home before then I will just go down for discharge so that I know what we need to do at home. I think this morning was harder on me then lastnight because we were going about a half way "normal" routine but Kylee was missing. That is when it hit me hard. Even knowing she was in the hospital and was fine it was so hard not to have her here with us.
I have been getting many updates today. They have increased her heart medicine today and she seems to be handling it fine. They just started on a low dosage to make sure her heart rate and blood pressure remained ok. She is now down to 1/2 liter of oxygen. She is still getting the PEP treatments for her lungs but they are hoping to move over to the neb treatments soon. She was moved from PICU (3rd floor) to intermediate care (4th floor). They are planning on doing another echo on her heart and a sleep study before we go home and teaching us how to deep suction her to help get the stuff out of her nose and mouth that she can't get out herself. I have heard that she has become a TV hound since I left. They have these little flat screen tv's that you can move all over the place. They bring it down over the bed right in front of her face so she can watch it. My mom said she becomes so relaxed watching it and her favorite seems to be some tinkerbell show/movie. My mom also said she makes some noises while watching it. I can't wait to see it. So overall sounds like things are getting better. Hopefully we stay on the same track.
Once again thank you to everyone for all the kind words and prayers. We know we are truly blessed with a great support system and could never thank each and every one of you enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update. I have been very concerned about your little princess. Hopefully she will be home soon and then you will be back to your "normal" hectic lives. Praying for you and your family.

Bonnie