Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good News

Well Jason just called and said things are going great. They are taking her off the PEP treatments today and are starting her on just regular neb treatments. If that goes well then she can come home tomorrow. She will probably have to stay on the heart medication for the rest of her life and at this time there is no talk about any heart surgery. I know our regular cardiologist said she is not saying that she will never have to have one but for right now she doesn't. She was diagnosed with non-compaction cardiomyopathy. They said she never had pneumonia. They believe everything was all heart related and that her lungs were filling up with fluid. It is so funny how you can go from one hospital to another with completely different diagnosis. We had this happen to use last October also. They told us she had pneumonia at one hospital but when we got to Milwaukee they said no....so who knows. We have a diagnosis and treatment course and she is doing better so I guess that is all that matters. I can not wait to see my baby girl.....I have never had to go this long without seeing her. In a way it is kind of good because Jason is playing my normal role and I am playing his (he is in Milwaukee and I am home with the boys). Now we know what it is like to walk in each others shoes.
We are in desperate need of some nurses so if anyone who is reading this knows someone who is an independent nurse (LPN or RN however we do have a case manager...they will know what that means) please give them my number.
I would like to send a special thank you to the girls from work who brought over supper lastnight for us. It was very thoughtful. Once again I would like to thank everyone for your prayers and support. I know we have said it a million times but we can not thank you enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news! I continue to keep Kylee and your entire family in my prayers. Kylee is absolutely darling and I hope some day to meet her in person.

Diana Bush
Alayna DeKeyrel's Grandmother