Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our Artist

Our Artist
Kylee has been feeling really good lately so we have been doing lots of fun things. We colored with crayons over the weekend and then today Kylee and our nurse painted. Just had to post a few pictures to share.



Here is Collin and Kylee coloring together. What a nice big brother.

Here is Kylee and our nurse Marsha getting ready to paint.
Here is Kylee painting she held onto the paint brush all by herself.

Here is another picture of her painting.


Here is the final project. So cute for her first picture.

Here is a picture of the little room. It is side ways but you get the point. She lays on the piece of wood with all these "items" hanging above her. You never change anything in the little room. This way she always knows where everything is. Then there are rules like she can't stay in for more then 45 minutes/you have to take her shoes off and she can't get upset or fall asleep in there. It will be interesting to see how she does in there. I am happy we got to try it out.
Loss of Emma
I was very saddened to read that we have lost yet another 1P36 family member. Emma died during her sleep and my prayers and support go out to her family. This bring up a whole bunch of emotions that I have had to deal with lately. I have always said that I don't know how families can be so strong during such a difficult time. Then this past winter when Kylee was so sick I realized how God gives you the strength when you need it. When we were given the news that she was being transferred to ICU I realized how bad she was then they asked me if we wanted her resuscitated if something were to happen on the ride to Milwaukee. Then I really realized how bad things were. Reality then set in and God gave me the strength to hold my baby girl and tell her that if she was tired of fighting it was ok as I sang her favorite song you are my sunshine. Ever since that time I have thought a lot about death and dying and what would I do if I would wake up one morning and go in by her and she would be gone. How would I keep myself together for the boys. Then I seen the e-mail about Emma and it brought all these emotions back again. It just makes me realize how I do need to enjoy each moment..not think about tomorrow and worry about it when and if it happens.
Please keep Emma's family in your prayers and may God give them the strength to get thru this difficult time.
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture she painted. You must be soooo proud of her. Glad to see pictures of her, she looks like she has grown up so much over the winter. She also looks like she is having fun painting.Thank for keeping us all updated and I hope all is well with everyone else in your family.
XOXO
Jon, Jessica and Trevor.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Kylee painting with her brother. It's wonderful to know that Kylee is feeling better. She is quite the little artist, too. I continue to keep Kylee and your family in my daily prayers. She is such a sweet and cute little girl!

Diana Bush
Alayna DeKeyrel's Grandma

Uncle Marty & Aunt Shirley said...

We are glad to see that Kylee is doing better. Collin is really a great big brother to her. We keep her in our prayers. Hope things keep improving, and that you are enjoying her so much. You are great parents and are doing a great job with all your kids. Take care.

Marty & Shirey

Karen said...

Jessica-
I got the huggies coupons today. Thanks for sending them my way :)