Thursday, April 30, 2009

School

School

Jason and I went on Tuesday to visit Kylee's classroom and get an idea of how a day will go for Kylee once she starts school. Everyone was so wonderful. Her teacher is very young. I think she must be fresh out of college and seems to have lots of energy and really loves what she does. They let me know how they would adapt different things for Kylee so she can be part of the class such as putting her in a tumble form chair ( a special chair that offers lots of support) when they do story time. This way she can be on the floor with the other kids. We got to see a little boy in gym who has similar needs to Kylee and see how they adapt gym for him. The kids were riding on little scooters and this little boys aid was on the scooter holding the little boy so he could be part of gym class like all the other kids. I was just very happy with everything I saw. We have decided since it is so close to the end of the year that we will start with the paperwork in September and then have Kylee start school towards the end of September or early October.

Sign Language

I took a sign language class on Wednesday and I feel like it was set up just for me. They taught us how to sign You are My Sunshine which is our favorite song. They also taught us how to sign the book Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See which is a book that her therapy people made especially for her. They mad the print larger and made it into a touch and feel book. So with that being said I loved the class. It was well worth the time. I'm far from being a pro but I got a good base to start with.

Song

One of the parents on our 1P36 support group forwarded a song written by Collin Raye about his grand-daughter. I can't stop listening to the song and it gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it. I thought I would share it with you. http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/country-star-collin-raye/. Get the tissues ready.

The Week

Other then that nothing to new or exciting to report for the week. Kylee has an ear infection but she has tubes in her ears so it is just got yucky stuff coming out and when I look in them I can see liquid just bubbling (I like to play doctor). I can't go to the Dr anymore and have them listen to my lungs with out laughing a little because I always practice taking Collins blood pressure and listening to his lungs and I will say take a deep breathe and then when I am done listening to him then he listens to me and I can't help but laugh and he always says well my mom is a doctor....boy will he be disappointment when he gets older and realizes I'm not a doctor and he was my guinie pig. Ok..so back to the week. Ear infection and sleeping issues. She has been up all night. I have no idea when she sleeps. I put her to bed at 9:00 awake. When I get up at midnight to put milk in her bag she is awake. When Jason gets home from work she is awake. When I get up at 4:00 to feed Keegan she is awake and when I get up at 6:00 for work she is awake. I think we are going to have to put her on some melatonin to help with the sleeping. So if any other 1P36 mom's are reading this and know where I can buy it at let me know otherwise I will have to give her Dr a call. We are heading up to the camper on Friday for our first time this year. It is opening weekend of trout fishing so we are heading to "fish camp". It will be interesting with 3 kids but some good family time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song is amazing..... Also, about Melatonin, I take it nightly in pill form from Medicap in NL. I'm sure you won't be able to give her pill though. Maybe check with Jim Jernagen though, I bet he could recommend something for you! Let me know if you find something in liquid form! Have fun camping this weekend!
Pandra