Sunday, April 5, 2009

GI Issues

GI
I have yet again spent another Friday on the phone with GI. The nurse said oh I missed you. I guess at least we can have a sense of humor about it. On Thursday Kylee had a total of 12 #2 diapers which means her poor hinder is worse then ever. They decided to do some more test on her for the c-diff again, parasites and rota virus. Then we have an appointment on Friday to discuss everything. Our GI Dr is a Children's Hospital Dr but he comes to Green Bay (about 45 minutes for where we live) so that saves us a 2 hour drive. I'm not sure what his plans are if all those test came back negative. I was hoping on Friday we would be able to start to increase her feeds so that she could get a 4 hour a day break but I don't think that will be happening as long as the #2 diapers continue. I am trying a new homemade cream on her. It is made of Benadryl, Malox, zinc oxide (which if anyone knows where I can buy pure zinc oxide let me know the closest I can get is desitin) and then Aveno oatmeal bath. You mix it all together and make a paste and put it on. I am to the point I will try just about anything. With all the diapers we are very concerned about dehydration so we are working on keeping her hydrated and not focusing on the calories so much right now. Anything to stay out of the hospital
School
Well we are starting the process of getting Kylee ready for school. We have a lot of work to get done before the end of the school year as Kylee will be starting school in September. Our first step is meeting with the school physcologist and we will be doing that on the 17th. The school has decided to let you start early as she does not turn 3 until December and we decided to go ahead with it because we think it may take Kylee a while to adjust and not shut down (fall asleep) during school. She will also see therapist at school and we will also get to stay with B-3 until she turns 3 so I am hoping to make lots of progress during that time. My only worry is all the germs but I guess if she starts in September it will slowly introduce her to germs before the big cold and flu season hits.
The Week Ahead
So the week ahead is Speech on Monday. A new nurse on Tuesday. Our service coordinator on Wednesday. GI on Friday and a wedding on Saturday and then the Easter Bunny. Busy week as always. I will be sure to post after her GI appointment. Can't wait to see how much she weighs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What school will Kylee be attending in the fall? That is very exciting!
Pandra

Karen said...

Kylee will be going to Lincoln in the fall. That is where they have early childhood for kids in New London school distract. We then are going to have to see if Collin and Keegan can also go there as we are in the Sugar Bush school distract.

Anonymous said...

That is great! Do you guys still live out in Northport?

Karen said...

Yes. We live on the corner of Weyauwega Rd and Kimble Court. Your and Ryan should stop out some time :)

Anonymous said...

We may just take you up on that! We had SO much fun with you 2 at the high school reunion! That sounds nice!