Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We Are Home

We AreHome
Well we got home from the hospital Monday day night so we were home before the big snow storm hit. They changed around some of her medication and she seems to be doing much better with that. We also had a ton of labs drawn before we left and are waiting for the results. They are testing her thyroid as the original TSH level came back high and then her T3 and T4 also came back abnormal so they thought they would test again just to make sure. They also did a full lab (can't remember what it is called but they took 20 mls of blood so they are checking for alot of stuff). They are checking all her mineral and vitamin levels to see if there is a reason that she is losing her hair and why it is so dry. One of my fellow 1P36 mom's said her sons hair does the same thing and he is also on Depekene so maybe it is a side affect to the medicine and said that zinc seem to help. I just wish she had her pretty hair back that I could put in pony tails especially now that she will be going to school.
Kylee's Birthday
Kylee's Birthday is fast approaching. December 18th she will be turning 3...wow where did that time go. She is starting school next week. I got all the paperwork to fill out today for "regular" school stuff for her. It just blows my mind. Our early childhood is at our high school. When I took Kylee for a visit to school we went at 8:00 and all the kids were walking into school. I wanted to cry thinking I was talking my little baby into the big high school. As we were making our way thru the hallway with all this high school kids I was thinking...clear the way...watch out...precious cargo coming thru. I guess it is time to let reality set in and realize she is growing up.
My goal was to have Kylee sitting on her own by her Birthday but I am thinking she is going to be a one finger sitter. I have to just keep one finger on her lower back to keep her sitting on her own. I think if we wouldn't of had these set backs with seizures we would have made it so I am hoping for shortly after her Birthday.
We are having a Pajama party to celebrate Kylee's birthday and her moving into her big girl bed. So everyone has to wear Pajama's. Should be fun. I can't wait.
Song
One of my 1P36 family members sent me the below link with a song called The Life That Has Chosen Me. It is such a good song and thought I would share. It is so true. It says don't pity me and I say that all the time. I hate it when Dr's says I am so sorry whenever I tell them my daughters diagnosis. I know it is only natural to say it but...sorry.... sorry for what....that I have a beautiful daughter that has taught me so much about life and made me the person I am today. Instead of showing me pity...offer me words of encouragement...let me know I am doing a good job...that I am a good mom....that I have a beautiful daughter or lend me a helping hand or a hug but don't pity me. With that being said....THANK YOU everyone for all your kind words and encouragement. It keeps me going everyday and I would be lost without each and everyone of you.....you help in your own way weather you think you do or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Kylee. Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital and we continue to keep you in our daily prayers.

I want to let your Mommy know what a great job she is doing and how much I admire her determination. With all the doctor appointments, therapy sessions, unexpected illnesses, hospital stays, eating and sleep issues plus raising other children...I can't believe what a wonderful job you do and stay so positive. You are Kylee are an inspiration.

Please know your family continues to be in our daily prayers.

Diana Bush
Grandma to Alayna DeKeyrel