Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Formula/School

New Formula
We have started Kylee on a new formula this week. It is called Peptamin Junior. It is a formula that is already predigested so it should be easier on her stomach. I guess it is not uncommon for kids to not handle the pediasure very well because it is so rich. So we are going to give that a try and see if it helps stop her from throwing up at night. It is some pricey stuff. It cost $6.50 for a 8oz can and she will need about 5 of those a day. Good thing we have insurance. I just hop it works. We also had to up her seizure medication because she was having a lot of them over the weekend. I just wish we could find a dosage and medication that would work well for her.
Eye Exam
We took Kylee to see her new eye Dr in Green Bay. I really liked him alot. He did a great job explaining things to me. He said he definitely agreed with the prescription of her glasses. We are going to do some further testing after the first of the year to see if she has cortical visual impairment and then also confirm what we learned from the Janesville school for the blind as far as what distance she sees best at and what size text and that kind of stuff. We have to go to Madison for this so that is why we are waiting until after the first of the year.
Stander
We are going to be getting Kylee's stander tomorrow night. Can't wait to see standing in it. I will be sure to post pictures soon with her in it.
School
Last week we had a meeting with Kylee's birth to 3 coordinator and she had stated that she had run into someone from the school district that said what can you tell me about this little girl who will be turning 2 in December (the school gets a listing of children with disabilities that might be coming into there school district but they don't know there name or much else about them). So April filled her in on Miss Kylee and said that I had also been asking about school and what happens once Kylee turns 3. Well we found out that they are willing to take Kylee into the school district in September instead of waiting until her 3rd birthday. So she told us to think about it and then once we decided to let them know so they can get going on the process. We are leaning towards letting her go in September because I can't think of any negatives to letting her go early. It is just in the morning. The bus would pick her up and drop her off and she would receive all therapies at the school....So anyone out there that has already gone thru the school process with a disabled child let me know what you think...I would love to hear about both the positive and negatives.
Thank You
Thought I would post a note on here saying thank you to Shelia for the wonderful card. It really made my day. I'm happy you enjoy reading about our princess.
**For those of you who don't know too much about the blog pages (I'm still learning) there is a comment section on the bottom of each of my post. You can just click on it and write anything you want. Also feel free to share the website with anyone you would like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also, it'd be swell if you can place our tomato chair link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy