Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Collin's Sister

Just wanted to share a short story about Collin. Today at school they had to color a picture of there family. His had mom, dad, Collin and then Kylee and Keegan. He told the teacher that the picture of Kylee was not his sister because his sister can't walk or stand on her legs. So he told the teacher he had to have another baby like Keegan to color. Well the teacher must of talked him into it being ok to leave Kylee as a big girl but he keeps telling me that is not Kylee because our Kylee can't walk. Right mom? Part of it breaks my heart but then the other part of me laughs. It is amazing how much he understands things and how it is just no big deal to him. That is all he knows. I remember last year when we brought her back from a hospital stay and he climbed up in the car by her and said oh honey you are still having seizures. I'm sorry honey.
One last story about him....Kylee got her Special Tomato chair tonight. It is a purple chair on wheels (I think I have a picture of it below). Well Collin has been wheeling her around the house all night in it and she is having so much fun. I wish I had a video camera so I could tape it and post it. It is so darn cute. She is so lucky to have such a caring big brother.

No comments: