Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas in July and Pictures

Christmas in July

So it is like Santa made a stop at our house this week. Kylee got her new car seat ( I have a picture below but it isn't a good one. I will have to try again). It is huge. It takes up about half of my back seat but it is super nice. It offers so much support for her head and trunk. We will forever be greatful to the annonymous donor who purchase it for us. We also got a video monitor. We are now able to put the monitor on Kylee and watch her while we are in another room or outside. You can also just push a button on it while in another room and make it play music. This week we are getting a double jog stroller. It will be so nice because then I can take all 3 kids for a walk at night or if I would have to go to the store or an appointment with all 3 kids I would have something to put them in. Kylee can't sit in a shopping cart so I am limited on where I can take her. So lots of new and exciting things.




New AFO's
Since Kylee had her big growth spurt she is in need of some new AFO's for her ankles. She use to only wear them for an hour a day but now she is wearing them more often. She usually wears them all day other then when she is sleeping. Her new AFO's are going to be pink with straps that have different colored hearts on them (they sure didn't have many choices for girls...I was hoping for some pink camo or princess ). I have pictures below of her getting fitted for her new AFO's. They come right to our home and do it. That is so nice.





Kylee's surgery and Ronald McDonald House

As I stated in my last post Kylee's surgery went really well. She recovered very quickly from it. I have a few pictures below of her getting ready to go into surgery and then a picture of her at the Ronald McDonald House (which is the best place ever....so whenever you go to McDonald's if you can put the extra change in the bucket it goes for a good cause). The last picture is a picture of Collin with some of the pop tabs we collected for the Ronald McDonald House. Collin was so proud to have collected so many. Thank you to everyone who has helped us collect them.

Kylee waiting to go in for surgery


Kylee sitting on Ronald's lap looking up at him


Collin in his PJ's holding one bag of pop tabs. He is so proud.


Kylee's New Glasses

Kylee got a new pair of glasses. This is the last pair we will be able to get that has the loops that go around her ears. I guess we got the largest size in that kind. I can't imagine not having them because I don't think she will leave them on. She does so well with them. She never takes them off or pulls at them.


Here We Go Again
Kylee once again has double ear infection. We just can't seem to get rid of them. Her tubes are still in place but they just keep coming back. So it was decided that this time we will do both ear drops and antibiotic. Hopefully that will kick it and she won't get c-diff back from the antibiotic. She is doing much better since she has been on the meidcation. So hopefully the week to come she will be feeling better and we can have a low key week. Just therapy and no Dr appointments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for the new information,
I was wondering how everything was going.
Kylee sure is a sweetie pie...
she has a wonderful big brother.
Sheila Wilson